StockBrokers Near Me London
20 Fenchurch St
St Magnus House
3 Lower Thames St
Tel: 020 7614 4800
44 Baker St
Lloyds Avenue House
6 Lloyd's Ave
Tel: 020 3697 1700
1 Royal Exchange
City of London Markets Share fees are as follows:
For shares Advisory = 1% on the value of the trade with a minimum of £50.
For shares execution only = Online from 0.1% with a minimum of £8.
4 Coleman St
Tel: 020 7600 1660
Tel: 020 7448 4700
Tel: 020 7397 8900
CityPoint Building – 9th Floor
1 Ropemaker Street
Tel: 020 7153 1120
Tel: 020 7418 8900
- Corporate - Advisory and broking services to UK mid and small-cap companies.
- Research - Comprehensive coverage of over 300 companies
- Sales - Investment ideas and execution for institutional investors
- Execution and Sales - Complete UK pricing coverage and worldwide access
If you would like us to edit or even remove your listing, contact us here.
Free Stock Brokers Ebook
Types of StockBrokers Near London
There are two types of stockbroker, a Full Service stockbroker offers a more in depth service. There are many full service stockbrokers in London. In fact, a full service stockbroker offers a much more personal service and contact is often face to face at their premises in London or over the telephone, they give you advice based on your taxes and your future plans and even retirement plans, they will also execute trades on your behalf. A Full service London based stockbroker may be more suitable if you don't have much spare time, they can effectively act as your eyes and ears whilst you get on with your life. So basically if you want help and advice with what to do with your money and you prefer to deal with a person (which can be much more educational) rather than computer software and you don't mind paying higher fees for the privileges, a London based full service stockbroker is the way to go. To find local stockbrokers near you click the area that you live above.
Discount Stockbrokers are internet based and do not have a luxury office in London or any other city that you can visit for a chat with a stockbroker. They are obviously much cheaper to use and offer a much more basic service, a discount stockbrokering service is not as personal as you will not get any personal advice, consultations or over the phone advice. As mentioned above Discount Stockbrokers are internet based and are basically used to execute trades only. Most new traders that want to trade actively choose to go with a discount stockbroker. If you want more information on online discount stockbrokers click the link in our menu at the top of the page.
Benefits of using a Full Service Stockbroker in London
- A more personal service where you deal with a real person
- You can plan for your future including retirement plans
- Great if you don't have much spare time on your hands
- You get help and advice on all aspects of trading
- Will Execute a trade on your behalf
- Online use only
- Cheap rates per trade executed on their platform
- Suitable if you have plenty of time to work the stock market
StockBrokers Near London Information
How To Choose A Stockbroker Near London
Many people in London are opting to use discount brokers to keep the fees for their trades down to a minimum, it seems like it has become the trend in recent years. Do bear in mind before you choose to use an online stockbroker that there is a crazy statistic knocking about the internet that 90% of new traders that opt for online discount stockbrokers fail fairly quickly. The help and advice offered by a reputable real life stockbroker can be invaluable. You should also be aware that many stockbrokers in the UK have a minimum amount that you can invest, usually they will expect you to open an account with them with an initial deposit of anything from £100 up to £100'000 and beyond. The fees a stockbroker near London charge can differ from broker to broker. In layman's terms, make sure you get as much as you can for your money from a reputable stockbroker or brokerage with a proven background.
A number of stockbrokers near London only deal with Forex and many only deal with OTC, many deal with all aspects of trading. Take a look at our list of Stockbrokers near London to see which areas of stockbroking each of them cover.
Stockbrokers or Stock Brokerage Near London
When searching 'stockbrokers near London', you should be aware that there are a couple of ways that stockbrokers can operate. A Stockbroker may work for a brokerage in London or they may be independent. It is in many cases easier to check the background of a brokerage, as they are a company and will more than likely be spoken about on blogs and forums. To check the back ground of an independent stockbroker near London, you may have to do a little more digging. The fees that both independent stockbrokers near London and brokerages charge are similar, you will find both that will have a minimum of £100 per trade and you will also find both that will have a minimum trade of £100'000. To summaries, there is not really much difference in choosing between an independent broker or a brokerage near London, some of the best trades ever have been executed by brokerages and some of the best trades ever have also been executed by independent stockbrokers and there are both reputable independent brokers and brokerages in London.
Here are our 6 best tips for people who choose to use a Discount Stockbroker instead of a Full Service Broker Near London
- Be open minded in the way that you trade, do not think there is just one way to make money on the stock market, many people seem to think that buying low and selling high is the only way on the stock market. You need to understand that there is more than that, there is Forex, Commodities, Short Selling and Options. With options there are so many ways to trade, option spreads, iron condors, butterfly and calendars.
- Be very sceptical about what you read in the news. The news and media can be used to get insights, it also can be and is used to make you buy into what they are selling. Just because a certain successful trader is in the news saying a certain stock is rising, doesn't mean it actually will. This isn't always the case but history proves this is common. Using the news and media isn't the way consistently successful traders operate.
- Start Small, master all aspects of trading before investing substantial amounts of money into large amounts of stocks and shares. If you start with just a few shares and you lose it all, it isn't the end of the world and if you start trading small amounts you can more easily create a system without the consequence of financial disaster as many people from London have done in the past.
- Create Your Own System, there are many systems used and even marketed by companies. A system used by one man, may not work for another depending upon personal circumstances. The system you create should be tailor made for you. You can always seek help and from Full Service Stockbrokers Near London for more information on creating a successful system.
- Study Long Charts, many people new to trading only look at the 15 and 30 minute charts. If you look at the daily or even weekly charts you have a much better chance of spotting a trend.
- If you do use a full service broker in London, be sure to use one with a good reputation, be sure they are registered with the FCA and be sure they can meet all of your needs and help with your future and even retirement plan if necessary.